· Morton Grange, established 1986, offers person-centred “Care With Choice”
· Providing “Quality care through quality training in a clean, safe and happy environment.”
· Three homes, on one site, allowing a real choice of living environment
· Providing residential, nursing, highly complex, respite and day care
· Excellent facilities, specialist nursing equipment and dedicated staff
· Daily activities, weekly social evenings, regular trips & monthly functions
· 3-acre site, licensed bar, hairdressers, garden room, mini bus, enclosed garden
· Experienced matron manager supported by dedicated management team
· Full time activities coordination and maintenance provision on-site
· “Friends of Morton Grange” committee help to plan entertainment and trips
Staffing for Success
Dignity & Respect
Morton Grange's well-trained, dedicated and compassionate team are equipped to deal with the needs of even the most demanding residents.
Our experienced registered manager oversees a team of nurses, care team leaders and carers to ensure the mix of skills required.
1:1 care can be arranged where required.
At Morton Grange the well being of those in our care is always our number one priority. We have adopted a person centered approach to care which helps to ensure all residents maintain dignity and are treated with respect whilst encouraging individuality and independence.
Caring for both nursing and residential patients demands well trained and experienced staff. Morton Grange is committed to developing staff members to deliver highest quality care.
A mix of resident needs in each home (from residential to highly complex) ensures that all residents get the suport they require.
· Winner of three national and two regional best care home award
· CQC rated "Good"
· Social Service Quality Premium Home
· Qualified provider for NHS "Continuing Health Care"
· Gold Standard Framework Platinum Accredited
· Derbyshire Dignity level 2 re-certified (highest possible award)
· “Investor in People” employer
· We operate our own Pearson accredited training centre delivering Diploma level 2,3 and 5 qualifications
Morton Grange offers a choice of three homes on one site:
· The Beeches opened in 1986 and has 26 beds.
· The Poplars and Willows both offer 20 beds.
· Each occupy one floor of a purpose built care facility opened in 1993.
· All three homes have independent lounge, dining and kitchenette facilities and use communal kitchen and laundry services.
With 66 beds, across three different homes with distinctly different identities, we are able to offer a choice of different accommodation. We have 54 single and 6 double rooms both with and without en-suite bathroom facilities.
As well as their own personal space, residents are free to use all of the facilities of the three homes which includes a choice of six lounge areas, three kitchenette/dining areas and a hairdressing salon.
We encourage residents to bring personal effects from their old home to their new one and the rooms are spacious enough to accommodate a favourite piece of furniture.
We can also arrange for residents to have their own private phone line in their room where requested at their own cost.
All rooms feature profile beds with mattresses appropriate to their purpose and specialist chairs.
Furthermore all residents have access to both hoists and stand aids and there are lifts available to all floors within the homes.
At Morton Grange we recognise the important role that entertainment, activities and special events play in enriching resident's lives. Not only in terms of encouraging mental and physical activity but also to provide opportunities for wider socialisation and encourage relative participation.
To ensure a full programme of events we have monthly "Friends of Morton Grange" meetings to discuss social events and fundraising. We hold daily activities in each home, weekly social evening, monthly fundraising events.
Our administration team are instrumental in activities planning, booking entertainers, scheduling trips and ensuring that planned events go ahead and to plan. They also get involved in the activities themselves, helping them to build a better understanding of our service users likes and needs.
Regular activities include arts and crafts, scrabble, cards and dominoes, indoor ten-pin bowling, nail care, food tastings etc. We also regularly organise trips out locally to the cinema, shopping, historic houses, places of natural beauty and horse races etc.
During the summer months many of our functions are held outside. We also encourage residents and visitors to take advantage of the nicer weather by spending time out in the main garden (between the homes) or in the enclosed garden which accessible through the Beeches Garden Room.
To play, press and hold the enter key. To stop, release the enter key.
Care home fees will be based on our pre-admission assessment which can take place at home in another provider setting or in hospital.
This aspect of finding care for your loved one can be daunting so please contact us with any specific queries.
Our residential and nursing rates are broadly in line with Social Services premium quality rates.
If the local authority are involved their assessment will establish client contribution cost.
A 3rd party top up may be required as determined upon assessment for anticipated additional support.
A Dementia Premium is also payable by social services where a formal diagnosis exists.
Funded Nursing Care is paid on behalf of the NHS by Social Services as applicable.
Continuing health care funded clients are paid for by the NHS through the CCG.
Where complex needs demand it 1:1 may be required.
The fees will be agreed between us (the provider) and the CCG (the commissioner).
If funding is lost Social Services will determine the split of costs going forward.
Private clients funding will be determined upon assessment and will include Funded Nursing Care (if awarded.)
Should FNC be withdrawn (or the rate reduced) the client will resume responsibility for the full fee as set out in the contract and initial assessment.
Invoices will be generated and sent out calendar monthly. Payment is preferred by standing order.
Charges from 3rd party suppliers (chiropody, hairdressing, holistic therapy etc) will be passed on at cost.
Please contact reception to discuss how pocket money is managed.